Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wk 9, Day 5: Asian Pasta Salad

Today was pretty warm, so I wanted something for dinner that required minimal cooking and could be eaten cool. I was torn between Italian or Asian pasta salad, and my daughter said she was in the mood for soy sauce, so that made it easy. I found this recipe. I heated the pasta up just enough to warm it so it became soft, then my daughter waited for it to cool to room temperature before eating it. I made a quick version of the recipe, using our favorite veggies, broccoli and carrots.

Ingredients
:
1 package gluten-free/rice pasta (I bet linguini or angel hair would be really good)
1 cup carrots (sliced or shredded)
1 cup broccoli, slivered
3 TB sesame oil
2 TB coconut aminos (in place of soy sauce)
2 cloves garlic
small chunk of fresh ginger, diced
dash of salt and pepper

Directions:
Cook pasta and drain.

I put the veggies on the stove top to steam over medium heat for just as long as it took me to mix everything else up, less than 10 min. They were slightly soft but not overdone.

Put 1 TB sesame oil in a wok or pan, add garlic and ginger and cook until light brown (but not burned). Add cooked pasta and add 2 TB coconut aminos, 2 TB sesame oil, dash of salt and pepper, and steamed veggies. Toss and serve.

Note: I made this with about 1/3 the amount of ingredients because that's all the pasta I already had cooked. It was enough for about 2 servings, and was delicious. If we had more pasta and veggies, I might have added more coconut aminos and sesame oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment