Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wk 11, Day 6: Chreese & Sequim ED Friendly Stores

We found the best ED-friendly store in Sequim called Sunny Farms. Tons of vegan and gluten free options and organic produce at prices slightly lower than I'm used to finding around Seattle. One find was Road's End Organics Gluten Free Cheddar Style Chreese Sauce Mix (Organic Brown Rice, Flour, Organic Tapioca Starch, Nutritional Yeast, Organic Green Lentil Flour, Unrefined Salt, Organic Garlic Powder, Organic Ground Yellow Mustard Seeds, Organic Onion Powder, and Annatto.) I thought it tasted a lot like my homemade vegan mac and cheese sauce, but my daughter rated it 4/10 stars vs my homemade sauce which she rates at 6/10 stars. However, it is easy to make on the go, so I liked it.

We also tried the Alfredo Sauce Mix made by the same company, and I didn't really care for it. I've tasted other vegan alfredo sauces and they all taste pretty much the same to me. Not great.

We travelled over to Port Townsend one day and visited their Food Co-op. It had some items in the deli case that were ED friendly, but none my daughter wanted to try, as they were all some form of mixed veggies with kale or wild rice. I saw a few I would have tried but I wanted us to find something we could eat together. We settled on some gluten-free pita chips and hummus, with some gluten-free curry sticks (think sesame sticks flavored with curry). I was the only one who would eat the curry sticks, but the 4 of us polished off the entire bag of pita chips and most of the hummus. The Co-op has a nice outdoor place to eat near some flowers and trees, so the kids had a great time playing in the sun for quite a while, collecting rocks and pine cones.

No comments:

Post a Comment