Friday, July 16, 2010

Wk 10, Day 7: Tomato Wrap-Up & Some Good News

My daughter also reacted to tomatoes. I decided it was time to consult with my daughter's Naturopath again to see what she thought of all these reactions. She was able to see a commonality in the list of foods that my daughter is reacting to that I didn't notice: proteins and foods containing acids which are just causing insult to injury. She thinks that a few foods have inflamed my daughter's gut for a long enough period of time that it's no longer working properly to break down and filter proteins. So now we just need to figure out which foods are causing the most problems and remove them (and add some supplements), and hopefully that will help her body generate healthy gut tissue. Then, we can re-test again in 6 months or a year.

So, that's really good news! I am so relieved that there's a way to make sense of what appeared to be such random reactions. We are going to test sugar and chocolate together this week, then finish off this phase of the ED with a week of nuts and then a week of corn. After that, we'll meet with my daughter's Naturopath and see what to do next. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment