Monday, June 14, 2010

Week 6, Day 3: Raspberry “ice cream”

Well, cheese. Hmm. After the first cheese testing day I talked with my dad and found out he has some mild issues with mozzarella cheese in block form, so I removed my daughter's mozzarella block cheese in case that passed through a genetic line to her, and kept her on mild cheddar. Maybe she can eat some kinds of cheese and not others? I hadn't really considered that idea enough before this week. Yesterday, day two of the cheese test went fine, and today she also seemed fine, except her stomach hurting at the end of the day. But no rash, which is incredibly hopeful. Now I'm supposed to watch her for the remainder of the week since it can take that long for a reaction to occur.

For dinner, we had beans and rice.  My daughter had hers with cheese mixed in, I added avocado and hot salsa from Trader Joe's, and we both loved our dinners. My daughter asked me to make her nachos for her last cheese day, but since we can't eat tortillas (because of the corn or other ingredients), I melted some cheese over kettle chips, also a big hit. For dessert, I made some raspberry ice cream that I read about recently. I just put some frozen raspberries and coconut milk into our food processor, and added a smidge of rice milk and brown rice syrup. Yum!

beans, rice and salsa

rice, beans, cheese

nachos

raspberry ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment